April 4, 2006 § 6 Comments
I know, I’m finally posting about the trip. Yeah, I suck…
Things about Madrid:
- Madrid’s airport is quite empty
- Spain-spanish pronounces "c" as "th", marking the first time I ever mispronounced cerveza
- Loved our hotel
- Loved the fact that the siesta took care of our jet lag
- 3 words: beer with breakfast
- There are no ferrets in a ferreteria
- Dogs walk off-leash all over the city, and wait outside for their owners
- Ate 20 lbs. of meat for dinner, including roast suckling pig. Mmmm….
- Waiters don’t really rely on tips and service is, um, yeah…
- You are not allowed to sit at tables with more chairs than people
- Vending machines are called "robots"
- Jamon, jamon, jamon!
- You get free snacks when ordering drinks, like olives spooned from clay jugs or plates of chorizo
- "Te americano" is not tea, but actually hot milk with cinnamon. Not good.
- The teleferico is closed Mon-Fri. Boo!