August 18, 2006 § 1 Comment
Thanks to Airtran’s fabulous two-day sale with practically no date restrictions, I’ve got myself some super cheap round-trip tickets to both Orlando to see the family as well as Palm Beach to see my dear friend Sus for some beaching, sunning, and drinking.
August 1, 2006 § 4 Comments
July 31, 2006 § 5 Comments
July 27, 2006 § 4 Comments
July 14, 2006 § 1 Comment
July is a busy month.
The boy and I are off to Birmingham for a wedding weekend. We get a short reprieve next weekend, and then it’s off to fun at the beach in Hilton Head at the end of the month.
I leave you with this from Stuff On My Cat.com. Cheers!
June 6, 2006 § 3 Comments
I just looked at my calendar, and holy schmoley. I will be out of town 3/4 of the weekends next month, not to mention one this month. Clarkesville, Orlando, Birmingham, and Hilton Head… sheesh.
May 30, 2006 § 1 Comment
Our Memorial Day weekend trip to Big South Fork was great. We took side roads and enjoyed the scenery and reading all the little towns’ signs posted telling us that us sinners were going to hell. Our cabin was excellent – jacuzzi, air hockey, plenty of space, and more. We hiked in Big South Fork National Park for 6.5 miles, and saw a waterfall and some pretty cool rock formations. After hiking for that long (can I say I’m not outdoors-y?) I was ready for driving down to the BSF river for a swim. The rest was a smorgasbord of really good junk food, beer, wine, movies, and strip air hockey.
May 26, 2006 § 3 Comments
I’m going offline for the long weekend and spending some time with friends and dogs in this cabin in Tennessee, riding horses, hiking and exploring the waterfalls of Big South Fork, and consuming vast amounts of liquor while sitting in a jacuzzi.
See you pretties later.
April 6, 2006 § 2 Comments
- We rented an Opel from Avis. It was the size of my closet.
- The boy really loved driving it, though. It had pep.
- I finally go to see one of those toros on the side of the road.
- This Toledo is sooooo much better than the other Toledo.
- They have outdoor escalators to take you into the city (on a hill).
- There’s a fucking McD’s in the middle of Plaza Zocodover. It’s a medieval monument, damn it!
- I took some illegal pictures in the cathedral.
- Unfortunately I couldn’t get one of the transparente, which is probably the closest thing I’ve ever had to a religious experience, but this person did!
- The time changed forward by one hour. No one in the entire country mentioned this to us.
- We bought tickets for a touristy train ride. We were an hour late.
- We caught the next one. It was worth it for about 10 minutes.
- They love mazapan.
- It’s a tad bit touristy.
- Toledo is famous for it’s armor and sword crafstmen.
April 5, 2006 § 1 Comment
- They really love heat. It was 65 outside and the heat was on full blast EVERYWHERE.
- Lottery tickets are sold by people (usually standing on a corner) with the tickets attached to a sandwich board that they wear or hold.
- There are many Germans in Madrid. The boy enjoyed the 2 German channels on the tv.
- The Spanish LOVE Fanta. It’s everywhere.
- A clara is a drink that’s half beer, half Fanta (lemon-lime). Told you.
- We apparently do not do sangria any justice here.